The Souls of Rain (Heavens Trilogy, #1)
By Diana Nixon
The secrets of the heavens had always been carefully guarded. Until one day when the angels
realized that what they used to believe in was nothing but a cruel game between heaven and
And Claire’s life is a part of that game too. She is a guardian angel.
She always thought that her existence was perfect. But perfection is a very relative term, and no
one is protected from making mistakes.
been easy, and this time won’t be an exception.
Alan Rosenford is a spoilt party-boy, whose life is a hurricane of risk and adrenaline rush. His
soul is damaged, his heart is bleeding, and there are so many things he prefers to keep
The words they have never said before …
The sins they have never committed….
How much does forgiveness of the heavens cost?
Or maybe even the heavens make mistakes?....
Watch BOOK TRAILER:
Read Chapter 1
Cover Design by Jennifer Wieland
(J.M. Rising Horse Creations)
OTHER BOOKS by Diana Nixon:
Love Lines Series (YA/paranormal)
Love Lines (Live Lines, # 1) http://diananixon.blogspot.com/p/buying-books.html
Songs of the Wind (Love Lines, # 2) http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Wind-Gift-Linesebook/
From Scratch (Love Lines, # 2.5) http://www.amazon.com/Scratch-Gift-Love-Linesebook/
Diamond Sky (Love Lines, # 3) http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Sky-Love-Linesebook/
Hate at First Sight (A contemporary romance)
About the author:
Diana Nixon is a poet and the author of fantasy and contemporary romances.
She was born in Minsk, Belarus, where she currently lives. In 2008 she graduated from
Belorussian state University. She has a Master of Law degree and speaks several foreign
languages, including English, Polish and Spanish.
Official page: http://www.diananixon.blogspot.com/
My Interview with The Author
1)How did you come up with the idea of writing The Souls of Rain?
- I’ve always been a fan of fantasy and stories about angels. Even though many authors say that working in a fantasy genre is not easy, I like it a lot. I came up with the idea for The Souls of Rain a long time ago. The only thing I didn’t know was the title of the book. It’s the first part of my Heavens Trilogy, and I wanted the name for the first book to be mysterious and heavenly magical:) I changed it a few times, until one day I thought about The Souls of Rain. This book is very special to me. There are many things connected with my own life, my memories, friends and family. In this case the words about the authors leaving a part of their hearts in their books are so true:) I hope my readers will be able to ‘feel’ the story and everything I wanted to say by it.
2)Describe The Souls of Rain in 5 words?
- It’s touching, catching, magical, romantic and unique:)
3)Who is your favorite author and book?
- I don’t have a favorite author. There are so many talented writers, I can’t name only one of them. I read books of different genres, and I do have a few favorites: P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern, Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchel, Breaking Down by Stephanie Meyer, Half-blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.
4)What do you love to do apart from writing books?
- Reading:) It’s the next thing after writing that I like doing so much. I never get tired of reading or writing, even though I do have the moments of author block:)
5)Can you tell us a little about Claire and Alan?
- Well, Claire is a strong-willed angel. She takes her duties seriously and she knows how to do her job properly. Guarding humans has always been her priority. She’s one of the best guardian angels ever, and she will do anything to keep that status. Meeting Alan changes a lot. Including her beliefs and values. Somehow, he manages to shatter everything that Claire has been trying to build up for so many years. He becomes her weakness. Now, she’s ready to sacrifice even her wings to be with him. It goes against all the rules of the heavens, but she hardly cares. All she wants is protect his soul and to spend the rest of her existence by his side. As for Alan, he’s a picture of imperfections and everything that makes mothers warn their daughters about staying away from the guys of his kind. Though meeting Claire changes him too. He remembers the things he thought he would never feel again. I don’t want to give out too much, but the bond Alan and Claire share is a big mystery for both of them. It makes them do the things they thought they would never do, and say the things they were never going to say. It’s confusing, but so hard to resist at the same time. The magnetism and the connection between Alan and Claire can be seen from the very first page, and only when you get to the last chapter you realize that everything happened for a reason:)
I also want to thank Shweta for these questions and for taking part in The Souls of Rain Blog Tour. It’s my pleasure to be a guest on your blog:)